Oct. 30th, 1957
San Francisco, California
Kevin Pollak's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Kevin Elliot Pollak is an American actor, impressionist, and comedian, known for The Drew Carey Show, Work With Me, The Lost Room, Shark, Vamped Out, Mom, Impress Me and Angel From Hell.
- Started his stand-up career when he was 17 years old.
- Was in two movies with the line "the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was making the world believe he didn't exist" (_The Usual Suspects (1995)_ (qv) and _End of Days (1999)_ (qv). Then eventually played the devil in _Deal of a Lifetime (1999)_ (qv).
- A stand up comic at Mark Ridley's Comedy Castle in Detroit, featuring the talents of 'Tim Allen (I)' (qv) and 'D.B. Dickerson' (qv)
- He got his first paid job as a comedian when he was 18 years old, working one night in a nightclub in the city of Campbell, California. Seven years later, in 1982, Pollak took second place in the San Francisco International Comedy Competition. Exactly one year after that, he moved to Los Angeles to begin a film and television career.
- Born in San Francisco, Pollak lived and worked in the Bay Area until he was 26.
- Does such a good impression of 'Alan Arkin' (qv) that a message he left on 'Alan Arkin' (qv)'s answering machine confused 'Alan Arkin' (qv) into thinking he had left himself a message.
- He does "dead on" impersonations of 'Christopher Walken' (qv), 'Robert De Niro' (qv), 'Alan Arkin' (qv), 'Jack Nicholson' (qv), 'Peter Falk (I)' (qv), and, most notoriously, 'William Shatner' (qv).
- Started out with stand-up comedy and is a great impressionist.