35 (passed away Apr. 10th, 1991)
May. 9th, 1955
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
7' 2 1/2"
Kevin Peter Hall's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
This African American actor attended Penn Hills High School in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He started his junior year at 6' 5" and finished it at 6' 9"! He played basketball throughout his high-school years and won a scholarship. He averaged 18 points a game and 10 rebounds! He played basketball during college, but not when it would interfere with his major at George Washington University in Washington, DC, which was Theatrical Arts. During his college years, he met Jay Fenichel with whom he would later make musical productions. Upon graduation, Fenichel moved to Los Angeles and Hall moved to Venezuela to play basketball.
After a year, Hall lost interest and relocated to Los Angeles, California. Along with Fenichel, the duo put together two night-club acts/musicals. One was a semi-autobiographical two-man musical, "In Five," and the other was a two-man show called "The Worst of Friends," both of which played in night clubs throughout the LA area. They also had a promotional business where they did promotional acts in department stores for new products.
While working on the set of the series "227" (1985), he met his co-star, Alaina Reed Hall, who played Rose Lee Holloway. They married--both on the set, and in real life--and they had two children. Predator 2 (1990) was released December 1990, and in April 1991, he died of AIDS, which he contracted through a blood transfusion a few months before.
- This giant's face was rarely seen in his films, as he usually played monsters and semi-human creatures that required him to wear mounds of make-up, so few people know that he was a handsome and muscular man.
- Referred to his non-speaking monster parts as grunt roles.
- Auditioned for the lead role of the alien in _Enemy Mine (1985)_ (qv) but didn't get the part.
- He was in a major car accident in Los Angeles. During surgery for his critical wounds, he received a contaminated blood transfusion. He died shortly thereafter of AIDS. He went public with his illness with the full support of his wife.
- He is the tallest of six brothers, all over 6' 5".
- The character of the Predator in _Predator (1987)_ (qv) went through many development stages, including one version that was set up for 'Jean-Claude Van Damme' (qv) to play a martial-arts fighting Predator, and finally decided on the crab-like humanoid monster seen in the film. The producers realized much of their human cast were bodybuilders over 6 feet tall (and Van Damme was clearly smaller) and thus they cast the enormous Hall so that the Predator could realistically physically dominate the film's human characters.
- Kevin Peter Hall can be seen in Predator 1 without costume. He is the helicopter pilot at the end of the film.
- His father Charles Hall was 6' 6" and his mother Sylvia Hall was 6' 2".
Related sites for this celeb