Apr. 26th, 1965
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Kevin James' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Kevin was born April 26, 1965, to Janet and Joseph Valentine Knipfing. He attended Cortland University where he played fullback on the football team while majoring in sports management. He realized after 3 years that this wasn't the path for him. After returning home, he decided to go back home and to break up the monotony of the summer, he joined a community theater. During a play in which he had a comedic role, he so enjoyed the crowd reaction, that he joined his brother's (comedian Gary Valentine (I)'s) improv group. He began going to clubs with Gary and realized he, too, had the knack for comedy. He has performed standup up for about 11 years. It was on the comedy circuit that he met Ray Romano (I). While Ray was getting a big break with his own sitcom, Kevin was getting recognition on "Star Search" (1983). After appearing on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (1992), his big break came at the 1996 "Just for Laughs" Montreal Comedy Festival. Afterward, he landed a recurring role on Ray's sitcom, "Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996). He has since received his own sitcom "The King of Queens" (1998).
- 19 June 2004 - He married his longtime girlfriend, model 'Steffiana De La Cruz' (qv), before 180 friends - including 'Ray Romano (I)' (qv) - and family members in Dana Point, California.
- His big break came in 1996 when he won at the "Just for Laughs" Montreal Comedy Festival.
- April 2000 - lives in an L.A. bachelor pad with his brother, 'Gary Valentine (I)' (qv), who is also a stand-up comedian.
- Is a member of Pi Lambda Phi fraternity.
- His now-wife 'Steffiana De La Cruz' (qv) appears in 4 episodes of his sitcom _"The King of Queens" (1998)_ (qv) (in small roles).
- Close friends with 'Ray Romano (I)' (qv). They met while doing stand-up comedy, on the comedy circuit.
- One of his teammates on the wrestling team at Ward Melville High School was future WWE star and author 'Mick Foley (I)' (qv).
- His wife, Steffiana, gave birth to their first child, Sienna-Marie on Friday September 30, 2005.