Apr. 7th, 1976
San Antonio, Texas, USA
Kevin Alejandro's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Alejandro was featured on the ABC series Ugly Betty, playing Santos, the father of Justin Suarez and love interest of Hilda. At the time of the season 1 finale episode's filming, he had just become a series regular on the Fox network's newly introduced Drive, since cancelled. He was a featured player in the second season of the Showtime original series Sleeper Cell, playing Benito Velasquez, and also played Dominic Hughes in The Young and the Restless.
He made an appearance, along with fellow Ugly Betty actor Eric Mabius, in the CSI: Miami episode "One of Our Own", and another as a gay hustler in HBO's Big Love. He also appeared on an episode of Charmed season 7 as Malvock, a cunning demon. He also appeared in the first few episodes of 24's fourth season, as a terrorist henchman, in which he also stars with Tony Plana, fellow Ugly Betty actor. Alejandro was a regular on the now defunct drama Shark as Deputy District Attorney Danny Reyes. Recently he had a small role on The Cleaner, an A&E television series.
Alejandro also appeared in the movie Crossing Over, which was released in February 2009, alongside Harrison Ford. He played Detective Nate Moretta in Southland, produced by Emmy Award winner John Wells Southland was canceled by NBC Broadcasting, just two weeks prior to the premiere of the show's sophomore run, but has since been picked up by the cable network TNT.
He has also had a role in Weeds, season 4 and 5. Drop Dead Diva's Season 1, Episode 5 also features Alejandro, as the wrongfully convicted Michael Fernandez. He appeared on Season 1 of Sons of Anarchy as one of the Mayan MC members, son of Marcus, the mc's president. Alejandro stars in the third and fourth seasons of the vampire television series True Blood as Jesús Velásquez.
In 2011, he appeared in the movie Red State opposite John Goodman and directed by Kevin Smith, as well a horror film called Cassadaga.
He also played Tony Arroyo, a homicide detective in the 2013 television show, Golden Boy.
- Went to college at The University of Texas in Austin.
- Voted #7 in Entertainment Weekly's "15 Smartest, Sexiest Crime-fighters of '09: the Men" on EW.com. Dated August 2009.
- Started the Jerry P. Worsham scholarship fund with best friend, Stephen Monroe Taylor for underprivileged theater students to help them go to college.
- Son, Kaden Michael Alejandro, was born on February 22, 2008.
- Has 2 sisters, Tanya Hernandez and Kimberly Mc Graw.
- Born in San Antonio, Texas. At the age of 8, moved to a small town in west Texas called Snyder where he was raised.
- Sold everything he owned in order to move to Los Angeles, California to pursue acting.
- Is of Mexican descent