Mar. 22nd, 1976
Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Kellie Shanygne Williams' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Kellie Shanygne Williams was born on March 22, 1976, in Washington, D.C. She started her career as a children's fashion model. She made many appearances on stage (e.g., "Joe Turner's Come and Gone," "The Colored Museum," "Butterfingers Angel," and "Goin' Home") as well as in TV commercials. She is best known as Laura Lee Winslow on "Family Matters" (1989). Kellie spends a lot of her time working with projects such as "The Starlight Foundation International Youth Ambassador," "Famous Phone Friends," "Great Beginnings for Black Babies," and "Hollywood for Children." She enjoys dancing and singing and has attended the University of California in Los Angeles, where she resides.
- Member of Delta Sigma Theta sorority.
- Though their characters had a love-hate relationship on _"Family Matters" (1989)_ (qv), in real life she and 'Jaleel White' (qv) were good friends during the taping of the show.
- When _"Family Matters" (1989)_ (qv) was on hiatus and Kellie went back to her home town, all her friends would ask questions about 'Jaleel White' (qv) such as, "Is that boy really a nerd?" She was upset about it at first but later got used to it.
- Oldest of three children. She has a sister (Marti) and a brother (Donte).
- Didn't talk as a toddler, so her father enrolled her into a theater program, where she came out of her shell.
- Ate lunch with her co-star 'Jaleel White' (qv) every day, and they shared the same tutor on set.
Related sites for this celeb