Mar. 26th, 1985
Teddington, Middlesex, England, UK
Keira Knightley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The daughter of actor 'Will Knightley' and playwright 'Sharman Macdonald'. After she requested an agent at the age of three, her parents allowed her to work on productions in her summer holidays.
Her first role was at the age of 9, in Moira Armstrong's A Village Affair (1995). However, Knightley's first high profile role came in 1999, as Sabe, Decoy Queen to Natalie Portman's Queen Amidala in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999). Since then she has completed an impressive array of films including The Hole (2001), but is probably best known for her role of tomboy footballer Jules Paxton in Gurinder Chadha's Bend It Like Beckham (2002).
- Glamour magazine's choice for "Most Glamorous Film Actress" (2004).
- Said auditioning for the role of Christine in _The Phantom of the Opera (2004)_ (qv) was the singularly most embarrassing moment of her life because "I knew I couldn't sing it." The role eventually went to trained opera singer 'Emmy Rossum' (qv). - Marie Claire 2005.
- Mother is actress-turned-author 'Sharman Macdonald' (qv), who wrote 'When I Was A Girl I Used To Scream And Shout' and 'The Winter Guest'.
- Loves to collect shoes.
- The face of Chanel's fragrance 'Mademoiselle' (September 2007).
- Her role as the decoy queen in _Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)_ (qv) was kept secret in order to not spoil the surprise, it was maintained through the promotions that Portman played both the Queen and the decoy.
- Employed a stylist to dress her for premieres and award ceremonies. The stylist also dresses 'Lindsay Lohan' (qv) and 'Nicole Kidman' (qv).
- Named #11 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)