Nov. 4th, 1960
Oak Park, Illinois, USA
Kathy Griffin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Kathy Griffin, a native of near-west Chicago suburbs, is the youngest of five children. She has three older brothers and an older sister. When her parents retired to California, Kathy moved west with them after graduating from Oak Park River Forest High School and began trying to break into show business. She performed with the Groundlings and then paid her dues doing stand-up at various clubs until she was discovered. According to her brothers, as a kid, Kathy would circulate among the guests at parties and tell jokes. Kathy has a regular stand-up engagement at the Laugh Factory in L.A. and hosted the reality series "Average Joe" (2003). She stars in the Emmy winning reality series "Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List" (2005).
- As of 2009, a member of the Television Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- _"Suddenly Susan" (1996)_ (qv) costar 'Brooke Shields' (qv) was Kathy's Maid of Honor at her wedding, which was held atop Hollywood's 360-Degrees Restaurant.
- 23 September 2000 - Became engaged to computer technician 'Matt Moline' (qv) in Punta Mita, Mexico. They were married February 18, 2001.
- Notorious for making fun of other celebrities.
- Her parents are 'John Griffin (I)' (qv) and 'Maggie Griffin (II)' (qv).
- Drives a light blue 2004 Mercedes CLK320.
- She does not drink alcoholic beverages.
- Is close friends with actor 'Jonathan Bennett (I)' (qv).