Feb. 19th, 1966
Rye, New York, USA
Justine Bateman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
New York raised actress Justine Bateman is the daughter of a film producer father and flight attendant mother. She began acting at the age of eleven, appearing in numerous theatrical productions including "Up the Down Staircase," "Barefoot in the Park," and "A Midsummer's Night's Dream."
Bateman made her professional theatrical debut in 1984 in the searing drama "Journey to the Day," in which she played Katherine, a suicidal young woman forced to come to terms with herself in a mental institution. The cast included her younger brother Jason, and her father Kent directed the play while her mother Victoria assisted behind the scenes.
In 1985 she starred in the ABC-TV movie, Right to Kill? (1985) (TV) and a year later, in the NBC-TV movie Can You Feel Me Dancing? (1986) (TV) in which she played a spirited blind girl who overcomes her handicap. She hosted the original videocassette dealing with issues of teen dating, "How Can I Tell I'm Really in Love?"
- Had close relationship with LA legendary graffiti artist and actor 'Galo Make Canote'.
- Dated singer 'Leif Garrett' (qv).
- Measurements: 34B-23-35 (in 1997), (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- In the mid/early 1990s Justine was sometimes a camp counselor for the YMCA in the LA valley area.
- Was originally considered for the role of Veronica in the cult classic film _Heathers (1988)_ (qv).
- Son, Duke Kenneth Fluent, born 18 June 2002.
- Was considered for the role of Emmeline in _The Blue Lagoon (1980)_ (qv) that later went to 'Brooke Shields' (qv).
- Sister-in-law of actress 'Amanda Anka' (qv).