99 (passed away Jul. 26th, 2017)
Sep. 18th, 1917
Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
Guest TV Roles[none found]
June Foray, was an American voice actress who was best known as the voice of such animated characters as Rocky the Flying Squirrel, Lucifer from Disney's Cinderella, Cindy Lou Who, Jokey Smurf, Granny from the Warner Bros. cartoons directed by Friz Freleng, Grammi Gummi from Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears series, and Magica De Spell, among many others.
- Her most famous voice characterization is Bullwinkle's Rocky the Squirrel.
- Her appearance on "Green Acres" (as a Hispanic telephone operator) is her last on-screen role to date. (Not including where she appeared as herself, like documentaries, talk shows & award shows.) *She has an on-screen cameo in (movie credit number 25) Boris and Natasha
- Only one person has ever voiced a character in a remake of a cartoon series where Foray had provided the voice in the original. 'Brittney Irvin' (qv), (billed as Britt Irvin in the series), voices the character Ursula in the 2007 George of the Jungle cartoon series, which Foray had voiced in the 1960s series.
- The last living member of "The Great Ones", the voice actors of animation's Golden Era.
- ASIFA-Hollywood (the USA chapter of Le Association Internationale du Film D'Animation) has named an award in her honor. "The June Foray Award" is given each year to "an individual who has made a significant and benevolent impact on the art and industry of animation".
- Though rarely credited, June Foray was the voice of several female characters in many Warner Bros. Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies cartoons.
- Co-starred on CBS Radio's "The Stan Freberg Show" (1957).
- June was the voice for both the "Talky Tina" doll and Mattel's "Chatty Cathy" doll.
Related sites for this celeb