Mar. 3rd, 1970
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Julie Bowen's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Julie Bowen Luetkemeyer known professionally as Julie Bowen, is an American actress and model. She is best known for playing Aunt Gwen on Dawson's Creek (2000), Carol Vessey on Ed (2000–04), Denise Bauer on Boston Legal (2005–07), Sarah Shephard on Lost (2005–07), and Claire Dunphy on the comedy Modern Family (since 2009). The last earned her six nominations for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series (2010–2015), winning in 2011 and 2012.
- Has a pacemaker.
- Twin sons, John and Gus were born May 8, 2009.
- Her husband Scott Phillips, a real-estate investor, proposed Thanksgiving 2003, when she was starring as schoolteacher "Carol Vessey" on TV's _"Ed" (2000)_ (qv). The two have been married since September 2004.
- Graduated from Brown University in 1991 with a B.A. degree in Renaissance studies. She spent her junior year in Florence, Italy.
- Has said she regretted making _The Last Man on Planet Earth (1999) (TV)_ (qv) because she was the non-lesbian character.
- Says that, while she was at the tail end of filming her fake labor scene on _"Boston Legal" (2004)_ (qv), she went into actual labor with her son Oliver.
- Expecting her second child. [November 5, 2008].
- Julie and her husband, Scott Phillips, became the parents of a boy, Oliver McLanahan Phillips, on April 10, 2007 in Los Angeles. Oliver weighed in 6 lbs. 15 oz. and measured 19 inches long.