Mar. 27th, 1935
London, England, UK
Julian Glover's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Primarily a classical stage actor, Julian Glover trained at the National Youth Theatre, performed with the Royal Shakespeare Company and became a familiar face to British television viewers by appearing in many popular series during the 1960s and 1970s. His talent for accents and cold expression made him an ideal choice for playing refined villains.
During the 1980s Glover achieved some fame in Hollywood by playing roles in such popular films as Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980), For Your Eyes Only (1981) and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989).
- Began acting with the National Youth Theatre.
- Father of 'Jamie Glover (I)' (qv).
- Played General Maximillian Veers in _Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)_ (qv). This character later appeared in several Star Wars related video games, in which the role was played by his son, 'Jamie Glover (I)' (qv).
- Thought suitable the part for Thawn in Doctor Who: The Power Of Kroll.
- An Associate Member of RADA.
- Alumni of The Royal Acadamy of Dramatic Art (RADA) in London, England.
- Attended Bristol Grammar School in Bristol, England, where he was in the same class as actor 'Timothy West' (qv). "Darth Vader" actor 'David Prowse (I)' (qv) was also in the same year there.
- He is the only actor to appear in the "Star Wars", "James Bond" and "Indiana Jones" film franchises (_Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)_ (qv), _For Your Eyes Only (1981)_ (qv) and _Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)_ (qv)) respectively. On all three occasions, he played a villain.
Related sites for this celeb