Sep. 9th, 1968
London, England, UK
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Julia Sawalha has made many film and television appearances since her debut role as Lynda Day on "Press Gang" (1989), though she has always said that the character that resembles her real-life personality most is Lynda. Since her 5 years on "Press Gang" where she worked opposite her real-life love (at the time) Dexter Fletcher (I), she has become most well-known in the role of Saffy in "Absolutely Fabulous" (1992). She has also worked on many other projects, including playing the role of Lydia Bennett in the miniseries of "Pride and Prejudice" (1995) based on Jane Austen (I)'s novel of the same name. Julia has received due honor for her acting talents, as is noticed by her winning the BAFTA award for her role as Lynda Day on "Press Gang".
- Sister of 'Nadia Sawalha' (qv).
- Daughter of 'Nadim Sawalha' (qv).
- She is the Kate Winslet of the small screen, refusing to fit into the "skinny actress" syndrome. However, unlike Winslet, Julia has never deliberately made an effort to slim down for parts. She admits that she is overweight, happy to be so and still gets plenty of work.
- Niece of 'Nabil Sawalha' (qv)
- Dated _"Press Gang" (1989)_ (qv) co-star 'Dexter Fletcher (I)' (qv).
Related sites for this celeb