Feb. 9th, 1949
Trenton, New Jersey, USA
Judith Light's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- While on _"One Life to Live" (1968)_ (qv) Judith won two Emmys, two Soapy Awards and a Soap Opera Hall of Fame Award.
- One of her performances on _"One Life to Live" (1968)_ (qv) - "Karen Wolek on the Stand" - was so powerful and is remembered so vividly that, to this day, it is used as a model in acting classes throughout the nation. Additionally, it was recently honored as being one of TV Guide's "100 Most Memorable Moments on Television."
- Born and raised in Trenton, New Jersey, her parents nurtured her interest in acting throughout her childhood and supported her decision to study in a summer program at Carnegie-Mellon University between her junior and senior years of high school. This experience prompted her to enroll in that institution where she earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.
- Judith Light and 'Robert Desiderio' (qv) to accept the 'Matthew Shepard (I)' (qv) Foundation's 1st Annual "Making a Difference" Award for their Longstanding Commitment to Erase Hate.
- Attended St. Mary's Hall in Burlington, NJ
- Attended Carnegie Mellon University, graduated 1971.
- Daughter of Sue and Sidney Licht.
- Strong supporter of Gay rights