Jul. 20th, 1969
San Jose, California, USA
Josh Holloway's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Josh Holloway (born July 20, 1969) is an American actor and model from Free Home, Georgia. He is best known for his role as James "Sawyer" Ford on the American television show Lost.
Born in San Jose, California, the second of four boys of a nurse mother and a surveyor father. His family moved to the Blue Ridge Mountains of Georgia when he was two. In addition to his immediate family, Holloway has a large extended family that includes Baptist preacher Dr. Dale Holloway and author and World War II prisoner-of-war Carl Holloway. Holloway grew up in the small North Georgia town of Free Home and attended Cherokee High School in Canton, Georgia. He developed an interest in movies at a very young age. He studied at the University of Georgia for a year, but left to pursue a career as a model.
- While he says it looks "cool", he admits to hating the long hair he has to wear as "Sawyer" on _"Lost" (2004)_ (qv).
- His first job was picking up dead chickens at a farm.
- Born on the same day that Apollo 11 astronauts 'Neil Armstrong (I)' (qv) and 'Buzz Aldrin' (qv) landed on the moon.
- At around 4:30am on Wednesday, October 13th 2005, he and his wife were robbed at gunpoint in their home in Oahu. The robber took cash and credit cards as well as stealing Holloway's Mercedes-Benz that was later dumped not far from his home in Hawaii Kai, which is about 12 miles east of Honolulu. They were shaken but unharmed. An arrest was later made in the robbery.
- Has earned his real estate license. He said that prior to Lost, he had considered quitting acting; he earned his license to have something to fall back on.
- Although born in California, his family moved to Georgia when he was a baby, and he still considers himself a "Blue Ridge Mountain boy."
- Grew up in Free Home, Georgia.
- Was offered the role of "Gambit" in _X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)_ (qv) but turned it down, saying the role was too close to his _"Lost" (2004)_ (qv) character.