Jul. 20th, 1969
San Jose, California, USA
Josh Holloway's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Josh Holloway (born July 20, 1969) is an American actor and model from Free Home, Georgia. He is best known for his role as James "Sawyer" Ford on the American television show Lost.
Born in San Jose, California, the second of four boys of a nurse mother and a surveyor father. His family moved to the Blue Ridge Mountains of Georgia when he was two. In addition to his immediate family, Holloway has a large extended family that includes Baptist preacher Dr. Dale Holloway and author and World War II prisoner-of-war Carl Holloway. Holloway grew up in the small North Georgia town of Free Home and attended Cherokee High School in Canton, Georgia. He developed an interest in movies at a very young age. He studied at the University of Georgia for a year, but left to pursue a career as a model.
- Had a successful career as a model until he got bitten by the acting bug and relocated to Los Angeles.
- His first job was picking up dead chickens at a farm.
- Has earned his real estate license. He said that prior to Lost, he had considered quitting acting; he earned his license to have something to fall back on.
- He is of Dutch and Scottish heritage.
- After going out of his way to lessen his Southern accent to get a wider variety of work, he had to pick it back up to play the shady "confidence man" Sawyer on the hit show _"Lost" (2004)_ (qv).
- Very close friends with his Lost co-star 'Evangeline Lilly' (qv).
- While he says it looks "cool", he admits to hating the long hair he has to wear as "Sawyer" on _"Lost" (2004)_ (qv).
- Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.