Jul. 21st, 1978
San Francisco, California, USA
Josh Hartnett's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Graduated from South High School in Minneapolis, Minnesota in June of 1996, then attended SUNY in Purchase, New York. By April of 1997, he was offered the role of Michael Fitzgerald in the short-lived American television series Cracker (1997). Josh started off doing small plays and national commercials, but is beginning to break into the big-screen movie business with his starring role in Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998).
- Auditioned for _Remember the Titans (2000)_ (qv).
- Was raised for the most part by his father, Daniel, and stepmother, Molly. His mother moved back to San Francisco after divorcing his father.
- Josh also attended Cretin-Derham Hall in St. Paul Minnesota before attending South High School.
- Dated his childhood sweetheart Ellen Fenster. They had been together for a number of years and about a year ago, they bought a $2.5 million mansion together in Minneapolis, Minnesota. In February 2004 the two decided to go their separate ways.
- One of Teen People's 25 Hottest Stars under 25 (2002)
- He graduated from high school with New MC from Kanser.
- Was scheduled to speak at a political rally in support of Senator Paul Wellstone the weekend the Senator was killed along with 7 others in a plane crash. On October 26th 2002 (the day after the Senator's death), Hartnett appeared at a peace rally in St. Paul, Minnesota and spoke a few words in rememberance.
- The film _Hero Wanted (2008)_ (qv) was originally conceived as a starring vehicle for him although the script at the time was very different.