Nov. 14th, 1972
Minot, North Dakota, USA
Josh Duhamel's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Joshua David Duhamel (born November 14, 1972) is an American actor and former fashion model. His first acting role was as Leo du Pres on ABC's All My Children and later as head of security Danny McCoy on NBC's Las Vegas. He then began appearing in films, playing as one of the main protagonists in the first three films of the Transformers film series. He has also starred in romance films including When in Rome, Life as We Know It, New Year's Eve, and Safe Haven. He has also starred in the more recent film You're Not You. Duhamel co-starred with 'Dean Winters' in one season of the CBS Network series cop drama Battle Creek.
Born in Minot, North Dakota. His mother, Bonnie L. Kemper, is a massage therapist, and his father, Larry Duhamel, is an advertising salesman. He is of French-Canadian, Irish, English, German, and Norwegian ancestry. Duhamel was raised Catholic.
His parents divorced during his youth. Although he remains close to both, he grew up with his mother and his three younger sisters, Ashlee, Mckenzee, and Kassidy. Duhamel attended Minot State University and played as the quarterback for the university's football team. He planned to attend dental school, but dropped out one-and-a-half credits shy of his undergraduate degree. He later completed his credits, and he received his degree in 2005.
When Duhamel was 26 years old, he worked in the construction business and it was by sheer luck that he got into the celebrity business. Duhamel was with his ex-girlfriend and a scout from a modeling agency in San Francisco asked him if he would be interested in modeling. Duhamel couldn't believe what had happened but, after realizing it was real, he decided to think about the offer. A few days later, Duhamel was accepted and he did a lot of commercial work, even beating out fellow model 'Ashton Kutcher' for a place as a top model.
Modelling eventually gave way to acting as Duhamel was asked to audition for the title character in The Picture of Dorian Gray (2004), from the novel by 'Oscar Wilde'. He got the part and, even though the movie didn't become a big hit at the box office, Josh got into the real business where he landed a role as the lead star in the daytime soap, All My Children (1970). Duhamel had to move to New York City as the show was being shot there. He played "Leo DuPress" in the award-winning show from 1999-2002.
Josh was nominated for three Daytime Emmy Nominations, including an Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actor in 2002. In 2003, he decided to quit All My Children (1970) and he left New York to return to Los Angeles. It was there when he landed his first major movie role. He got a part in Win a Date with Tad Hamilton! (2004), playing the title character.
After playing Tad Hamilton, Duhamel landed one of the starring roles alongside Oscar-nominated 'James Caan' in the TV show, Las Vegas (2003). He got the role of the young Danny McCoy, who works in the security department in Montecito. Duhamel said that it was pretty easy to relate to his character Danny McCoy in Las Vegas (2003) because he grew up sort of blue collar. Duhamel also recently became more recognized as he starred in the movie Transformers as Captain Lennox and the movie Turistas as Alex, garnering him more success.
Duhamel is hoping that by starring in Las Vegas (2003), it will lead him to a possible movie career. Although the series has been canceled, Duhamel is focusing on getting major movie roles to increase his status in the industry. Duhamel has expressed his wish to hopefully do a 'George Clooney' and focus acting on movies full time as he gets older.
In the love line, Duhamel was previously engaged to his girlfriend of five years, Kristy Pierce, but the wedding was called off two weeks before it was to take place in May of 2004. Duhamel met and began dating singer 'Stacy Ann "Fergie" Ferguson' in September 2004, after Ferguson appeared on Duhamel's show Las Vegas with her band 'The Black Eyed Peas'. The couple married (January 10, 2009), in a Roman Catholic ceremony at the Church Estate Vineyards in Malibu, California. They have one son, Axl Jack Duhamel, (born August 29, 2013).
Both Duhamel and Fergie are practising Catholics and attend church. In 2005, he became the co-owner of 10 North Main, a restaurant in Minot, North Dakota.
- January 2004: announced on ABC's _"The View" (1997)_ (qv) that he is now engaged to longtime girlfriend Kristy Pierce.
- Shares the same middle name as his father
- He starred in the yet-to-be-released independent film _The Picture of Dorian Gray (2004)_ (qv) in 1999, then ABC called him to test for the role of "Leo du Pres". To Josh's shock, ABC executives wanted him so much that they postponed the character's first air date by more than a month to accommodate his schedule.
- On People (USA) magazine's '50 Most Beautiful' list .
- His last name (Duhamel) is pronounced "duh-MEL".
- Married longtime fiancée 'Stacy Ferguson' (qv) in a very private ceremony on January 10, 2009. The ceremony was so private that the guests were not even told the location until the actual morning of the wedding.
- Josh wanted to be a dentist from the time he was a sophomore in high school. He gave up his dream to become a dentist when his grades were not good enough to get in a dental college. As a result he moved to California where he got discovered while posing for fashion magazines.
- Earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in biology at Minot State. He enjoys basketball, football, skiing and golf.