Apr. 28th, 1973
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Jorge Garcia's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jorge Garcia is a U.S. actor and comedian who first came to public attention with his performance as Hector Lopez on the television show Becker and later for his portrayal of Hugo "Hurley" Reyes in the television series Lost. Garcia was most recently known as Jerry Ortega on the recently ended series Hawaii Five-0.
He is currently starring in Nobody Knows I'm Here (2020), and in Running Out of Time (2018, TV movie) and now, the newly announced When We Were Pirates.
García also performs as a stand-up comedian.
- Used to be a newsstand operator. He gave this information when he appeared on GSN game show Russian Roulette.
- In an interview given to Entertainment Weekly, Jorge says that he was invited to audition for "Lost" because someone involved with the show remembered his performance as a drug dealer on "Curb Your Enthusiasm."
- Sings in 'Matthew Fox (I)' (qv)'s band 'Lost Souls', they perform together at the airing of a new episode of Lost.
- Besides his success as an actor, Jorge has been fairly successful as a stand-up comedian.
- Is of Cuban and Chilean descent.
- Owns a dachshund-Chihuahua mix named Nunu.
- He had to miss his sister's wedding back on the mainland because he was shooting "Lost" over in Hawaii.
- The first actor to be cast on "Lost."