Nov. 28th, 1962
New York City, New York, USA
Jon Stewart's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jon Stewart is just hitting his stride at the age of 38. It's amazing that it has taken this long for people to embrace his sarcastic, sardonic and incisive sense of humor. Of particular note was a regular "gig" on The Larry Sanders Show (1992). Playing himself, Stewart was the oft-timed Guest Host of The Larry Sanders Show. He became as much a part of the show's fabric as some of the regular performers. He has emerged as a bonafide television personality with his ascension to host of The Daily Show (1996)Comedy Central since taking over for 'Craig Kilborn' in 1999.
- Longtime friends with Arizona senator 'John McCain (I)' (qv), a frequent guest on his show.
- Original major in college was Chemistry.
- Very good friends with comedians 'Dennis Miller (I)' (qv) and 'Ricky Gervais' (qv).
- Does the New York Times crossword every night with his wife.
- He studied psychology in college.
- Has a half-brother named Matt, who works in the music industry in Trenton, New Jersey.
- Wife Tracey gave birth to their second child, a girl, Maggie Rose Stewart 6 lbs, 9 oz on the afternoon of Feb 4, 2006.
- Decided to quit smoking on Dec. 28, 2000, after being encouraged by the CGL Foundation.