Jul. 21st, 1957
Tarzana, California, USA
Jon Lovitz's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Encouraged and was supportive with actresses 'Lisa Kudrow' (qv) and 'Maeve Quinlan' (qv) in pursuing acting careers.
- Had two guest appearances on the popular sitcom _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv). His first appearance, as successful restaurant owner with a drug abuse problem and Phoebe's massage client Steve, in Season One was intended to be a one-time appearance, but he returned as Steve in Season Nine, set up with Rachel by Phoebe on what was an intentionally torturous blind date, In this appearance it was revealed in the eight years in between his first appearance, Steve had lost his restaurant to his addiction, was now silk screening shirts and had developed low self-esteem due to his weight gain and recent impotence.
- Was originally considered for the role of Marcus Burnette in _Bad Boys (1995)_ (qv), with 'Dana Carvey' (qv) as Mike Lowrey. Director 'Michael Bay' (qv) today says it would have ruined their careers.
- Is actually credited as the Author of the yellow pages. They even went as far to put a about the author page inside the book.
- He appeared in the music video and sang in the choir on the song "Voices That Care."
- Father loved opera and wished he had pursued a career in it. He encouraged Jon to pursue whatever career he wanted.
- Is a native of Tarzana, California.
- Sang with British pop star 'Robbie Williams (I)' (qv) in the song "Well, Did You Evah?" on Williams' album "Swing When You're Winning".