Dec. 13th, 1959
Van Nuys, California, USA
Johnny Whitaker's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Johnny Whitaker is an American actor and singer notable for several performances for film and television during his childhood.
- He was the only six-year-old who screen-tested for the role of Jody Davis in _"Family Affair" (1966)_ (qv), which originally was supposed to be for a ten-year-old boy, but when the producers saw the chemistry between he and 'Anissa Jones' (qv) (Buffy), they promptly rewrote the parts for six-year-old twins.
- He was the fifth of eight children born to Thelma and John O. Whitaker, Sr. He was born at 12:14 AM, Pacific Standard Time.
- Graduated from Sylmar High School outside of Los Angeles after _"Family Affair" (1966)_ (qv) was canceled. He then spent two years in Portugal as a full-time, volunteer missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. When he returned to the US, he attended Brigham Young University and obtained a degree in communications in 1986.
- In June of 1984 he married a theatrical agent named Symbria Wright. They divorced four years later.
- Best known by the public for his role as Jody Davis on _"Family Affair" (1966)_ (qv).
- Changed the spelling of his first name "Johnnie" to the more adult "Johnny" around 1973.
- For 13 years, Johnny worked closely with the joint SAG/AFTRA Young Performer's Committee helping current young performers receive the benefits and prepare them for the detriments that a career in show business is likely to produce.
- Began his acting career at the age of three. He was discovered while singing in his church's children's program, where he broke up the entire congregation after he'd forgotten the words to the song and started to improvise with his own. He went on to do his first on-air performance in a commercial for OK Used Cars.
Related sites for this celeb