Feb. 28th, 1957
Brooklyn, New York, USA
6' 0 1/2
John Turturro's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
John Turturro is a highly talented, lightly built Italian American actorand director who always looks unsettled and jumpy. He has become a favourite of cult/arthouse film aficionados with his compelling performances. The latest movies in which John Turturro has acted are The Batman, The Color Of Money, Going Places, You Don't Mess With The Zohan and O Brother.
His latest television credits include The Night Of, The Name of the Rose, Green Eggs and Ham, and the HBO mini series The Plot Against America.
Turturro was born in Brooklyn, New York, to Italian-American parents, Katherine (Incerella), a jazz singer, and Nicholas Turturro, a construction worker and carpenter, who was born in Giovinazzo. His brother, also named Nicholas Turturro, is an actor.
Turturro has continued to appeal to audiences despite his unconventional looks and the often annoying onscreen mannerisms of his characters, and he remains in strong demand for his high calibre thespian talents.
- Is a big fan of _Big Trouble in Little China (1986)_ (qv).
- Had himself diagnosed with Asperger's Disorder after seeing the independent film "Billy The Kid.".
- A native of Brooklyn.
- Graduated from Yale Drama School.
- Has appeared in more films directed by 'Spike Lee' (qv) than any other actor. They first worked together in _Do the Right Thing (1989)_ (qv) and as of _Miracle at St. Anna (2008)_ (qv) has appeared in nine of Lee's films.
- Graduated from the State University of New York at New Paltz.
- The Turturro family originates from Sicily, Italy.
- Based his character Bernie Bernbaum in _Miller's Crossing (1990)_ (qv) on the real- life personae of Director 'Barry Sonnenfeld' (qv) (_Get Shorty (1995)_ (qv), _Men in Black (1997)_ (qv)), the film's cinematographer.