Apr. 6th, 1947
Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA
John Ratzenberger's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
John started Sal's Meat Market in Bridgeport, Connecticut, while a student at Sacred Heart University, located in Fairfield/Bridgeport, Connecticut. He was later affiliated with the ensemble group "The Downtown Cabaret." Coincidentally, he was a friend of Susan Ryan, the mother of Meg Ryan (I). A mutual friend, also associated with The Downtown Cabaret, was the daughter-in-law of actress Mabel Albertson, the sister of actor Jack Albertson.
- Holds a Red Belt in karate.
- Only _"Cheers" (1982)_ (qv) cast member to have actually lived in Boston -- specifically, the "Combat Zone" red-light district.
- Has two children named James John b. 1987 and Nina Katherine b. 1989.
- He recently started the Nuts, Bolts and Thingamajigs Foundation, whose mission is to "Give children tools and watch them build America.".
- Spent his early years in London where he was once an assistant to a tree surgeon.
- The trading card for his _Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)_ (qv) character, Bren Derlin, says that "At the Mos Eisley Cantina, everybody knows his name." Derlin is never seen in the Mos Eisley Cantina. This is an inside joke about his character Cliff Clavin the mailman, who frequents Cheers, "where everybody knows your name".
- His speaking role in 'Richard Attenborough' (qv)'s _Gandhi (1982)_ (qv), was dubbed by 'Martin Sheen' (qv). Later he went on to become a trademark voice for Pixar Studios.
- Formerly engaged to 'Lindsay McGrail' (qv).