Feb. 9th, 1961
Charleston, West Virginia, USA
John Kruk's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
John Kruk plays in the major league baseball from 1986 to 1995. During a game in 1995, he choose to retire. He plays for San Diego Padres, the Philadelphia Phillies and the Chicago White Sox.
- Diagnosed with testicular cancer in 1994.
- Wife was 1999 Miss New Jersey USA.
- Is a career .300 hitter.
- Member of 1993 Philadelphia Phillies National League Championship Team.
- Was born in Charleston, West Virginia - but raised in Keyser, West Virginia. Played baseball for Keyser High School.
- Resigned as hitting coach of the minor league's Reading Phillies in 2000 to take a broadcasting job with FOX Sport Net.
- Traded his uniform number 28 to new teammate Mitch Williams in 1991 for $10 and two cases of beer, shortly after a Toronto Blue Jay asked his new teammate for $25,000 to trade numbers.
- Ranks 70th on Major League Career Leaders List in On-base percentage between Hall of Famer's Earle Combs and Richie Ashburn.
Related sites for this celeb