Jul. 20th, 1985
Wheeling, Illinois, USA
John Francis Daley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
John Francis Daley (born July 20, 1985) began acting in the national and international tour of The Who's Tommy, playing young Tommy. His first television acting was in the critically acclaimed but short-lived NBC series, Freaks and Geeks. He went on to series regular roles in The Geena Davis Show, Regular Joe and Kitchen Confidential. He recurred in a dramatic role in the David E. Kelley series, Boston Public.
He can be seen in the Lions Gate comedy, Waiting and his film 5-25-77 is in post-production.
Also a filmmaker and musician, Daley is currently writing for television and film, as well as working on a debut CD with his band, Dayplayer.
- Played "Danny" in a school play of "Grease" for Nyack Middle School.
- Plays drums in a band.
- Auditioned several times for "Les Miserable" on Broadway - but was never tall enough to play Gavroche. By the time he was tall enough, he had lost interest.
- Is an honor student.
- Holds a black belt in Kung Fu.
- #94 on VH1's 100 Greatest Teen Stars
- Singer/Keyboardist in the alternative rock band, "Dayplayer."
- When John appeared as a guest star on _"Boston Public" (2000)_ (qv), his real life father, 'R.F. Daley' (qv), (a Broadway veteran) portrayed his TV father.