Sep. 4th, 1968
North Plainfield, New Jersey, USA
Guest TV Roles[none found]
John William DiMaggio (born September 4, 1968) is an American voice actor. A native of North Plainfield, New Jersey, he is known for his longtime role as Bender on Futurama. He has also played such roles as Jake the Dog on Adventure Time, Dr. Drakken on Kim Possible, and Marcus Fenix in the Gears of War franchise.
DiMaggio is a former comedian, appearing on stage as part of a comic duo named 'Red Johnny and the Round Guy' and has several on-screen credits, such as Steve Ballmer in Pirates of Silicon Valley. DiMaggio is also know for his voices on Batman: The Brave and the Bold as Aquaman, Shnize on Chowder, The Spectacular Spider-Man as Hammerhead, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and much more.
- Not related to 'Joe DiMaggio (I)' (qv).
- His inspiration for Bender was 'Slim Pickens (I)' (qv) from "Blazing Saddles" and his friend from college, who would do improvisations of an old man who liked sausage.
- Is a very talented beatboxer, as seen by some of his work on Futurama.
- Played 'Steve Ballmer' (qv) in _Pirates of Silicon Valley (1999) (TV)_ (qv).
- Is the only one of two actors to play the same fictional character (Bender Bending Rodriguez) on both _"The Simpsons" (1989)_ (qv) and _"Futurama" (1999)_ (qv) the other is Nancy Cartwrtight who played Bart in both, although several people (including 'Conan O'Brien' (qv), 'Leonard Nimoy' (qv), 'Nichelle Nichols' (qv), 'Stephen Hawking' (qv) and 'Dick Clark (I)' (qv)) have played themselves on both series.
- Once performed stand-up comedy at the famed Apollo Theater in Harlem.
- Grew up in North Plainfield, NJ.
- Provided the voices for two very memorable robot characters in two different Emmy-winning animated series'. "Bender" in _"Futurama" (1999)_ (qv) and "General Grievous" in _"Star Wars: Clone Wars" (2003)_ (qv).
Related sites for this celeb