Mar. 20th, 1948
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
John de Lancie's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
John de Lancie was raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He attended Kent State University where he won a scholarship to Juilliard. John's father was a professional oboist with the Philadelphia Symphony Orchestra. Mr. de Lancie is probably best known for his portrayal as "Eugene Bradford" on "Days of Our Lives" (1965) and "Q" on TV's "Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987).
- Grew up in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the same city as _"Star Trek: Voyager" (1995)_ (qv) star 'Robert Picardo' (qv).
- In seven seasons, made eight appearances on _"Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987)_ (qv).
- Father of 'Keegan de Lancie' (qv) and 'Owen de Lancie' (qv)
- (2005) In addition to his acting career, he hosts the children's series of the Los Angeles Philharmonic.
- Was both the first and last guest star seen on _"Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987)_ (qv).
- Good friends with fellow "Star Trek" alumna 'Kate Mulgrew' (qv).
- Was the first actor to ever use the word "trek" on "Star Trek" (in the _"Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987)_ (qv) series finale "All Good Things..."). However, 'James Cromwell (I)' (qv) is the only actor to utter the words "star trek" in the franchise (in _Star Trek: First Contact (1996)_ (qv)).
- Formed "Alien Voices" in 1996 with 'Leonard Nimoy' (qv) and writer-producer 'Nat Segaloff' (qv). "Alien Voices" does audio remakes of classic science fiction and fantasy stories including The Time Machine, The Lost World, etc.
Related sites for this celeb