Dec. 28th, 1976
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Joe Manganiello's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Joseph Michael Manganiello is an American actor best known as Alcide Herveaux in the HBO series True Blood. Most recently he will appear as Deathstroke in Zack Snyder's 2021 mini-series, Justice League, and the just announced Justice League Part Two.
As a high school student, the Pennsylvania native starred in Oklahoma! and was a member of the football, basketball and volleyball teams. After sustaining a football injury during his senior year, Manganiello was admitted to Carnegie Mellon School of Drama.
Shortly after graduating, he moved to L.A. and scored a minor role in Spider-Man, as well as the short-lived TV series So NoTorious, where he played Tori Spelling‘s love interest. He also guest-starred on Las Vegas, Jake in Progress, Close to Home and ER. He later appeared on How I Met Your Mother and One Tree Hill before landing a role on HBO’s hit vampire drama True Blood.
His professional film career began when he played Flash Thompson in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man. He is also known for his roles in Magic Mike, What to Expect When You're Expecting and Sabotage
In late 2013 Manganiello became a published author. His first book Evolution was released by Simon & Schuster's Gallery Books.
Aside from his work life, Manganiello is active with several charities including Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC and he serves on the committee of the Los Angeles-based The Art of Elysium.
- Graduated in 1995 from Mt. Lebanon High School in Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Acted 'Jud', in the Mt. Lebanon High School production of 'Oklahoma' in his senior Year.
- Used to get paid to dress up like Captain Morgan at bars in Pittsburgh.
- Sang backup vocals for rockband "The Used" on their song "Hospital" from their album "Lies for the Liars" and and on the "Goldfinger" song "Wasted" on their album "Disconnection Notice".
- Originally cast in the part of the spiritual exorcist "Friar Lazaro Mate," in the 2007 film "Sublime," but was recast when he had to cut his long hair and shave his beard to reprise his role as "Flash Thompson" in Spider-Man 3 (2007). He did shoot a day on the film and appears briefly in the hallway scene performing a breast augmentation.
- Used to shovel sand and gravel off of a truck and do demolitions for a construction company.
- Used to spend his summers on Peaks Island, Maine.
- Graduated from Mt. Lebanon High School.