Nov. 13th, 1967
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Jimmy Kimmel's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
James Christian Kimmel is an American television host, comedian, writer, and producer. He is the host and executive producer of Jimmy Kimmel Live!, a late-night talk show that premiered on ABC on January 26, 2003 at Hollywood Masonic Temple in Hollywood, California; and on April 1, 2019, at a secondary home, the Zappos Theater on the Las Vegas Strip. Kimmel hosted the Primetime Emmy Awards in 2012 and 2016, and the Academy Awards in 2017 and 2018.
Kimmel has hosted the American Music Awards on ABC five times. He also was the host of the ESPY Awards in July 2007, and co-hosted Comedy Central's long-running and popular game show, Win Ben Stein's Money, for which he received two Emmy nominations and one win for Best Game Show Host in 1999. Kimmel has also served as roastmaster for Comedy Central's roasts of both Hugh Hefner and Pamela Anderson. Kimmel's company, Jackhole Industries, formed with partners Daniel Kellison and Adam Carolla, is responsible for Jimmy Kimmel Live, The Man Show, Crank Yankers, The Andy Milonakis Show, Gerhard Reinke's Wanderlust, Too Late with Adam Carolla, The Adam Carolla Project and the made-for-Comedy Central feature film, Windy City Heat, which won the 2005 Comedia Award for best film at the Just for Laughs comedy festival in Montreal. Kimmel also served as a creative consultant to Adam Carolla's syndicated morning radio show. Born in Brooklyn, NY, and raised in Las Vegas, NV, Kimmel began his career in morning radio. Fired from stations in Phoenix, Seattle, Tampa and Tucson, Kimmel's luck finally changed as Jimmy the Sports Guy on KROQ-FM Los Angeles' Kevin and Bean Show, where his popular comedy sportscasts never even got him fired once. Kimmel currently resides in Los Angeles.
- Of Italian and German extraction.
- Of Italian, German and Irish extraction. His mother is Italian, his father is half German and half Irish.
- Underwent successful emergency appendectomy surgery on June 20, 2007, in Los Angeles.
- Brother of 'Jonathan Kimmel' (qv) and Jill Kimmel.
- [October 22-26, 2007] Broke the Guinness world record for most miles flown in a five-day work week (30,000-plus miles back and forth from New York to California), hosting two television shows.
- Cousin of 'Ivy Iacono' (qv) and 'Sal Iacono' (qv).
- In 2007, his show's producer requested the voice of Chinese American actress 'Linda Wang (I)' (qv) as the Voice Announcement in Chinese Mandarin introducing him for GM Style overseas.
- Boyfriend of 'Sarah Silverman' (qv).