Mar. 24th, 1973
Houston, Texas, USA
Jim Parsons' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
James Joseph "Jim" Parsons (born March 24, 1973) is an American television and film actor best known for playing Sheldon Cooper on the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory, with his performance often cited as a significant reason for the program's success.
On July 16, 2009, he was nominated for an Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series for his work on The Big Bang Theory. In August 2009, he won the Television Critics Association award for the highest individual achievements in comedy.
In April 2010, he received the National Association of Broadcasters Television Chairman's Award for a significant break-through in one or more specific art discipline.
- Favorite show growing up was Three's Company.
- He is good friends with co-stars Simon Hedberg and Kaley Cuoco.
- His mother is a first grade teacher, his father was the president of a plumbing company who passed away in a car accident in 2001. His younger sister is also a teacher.
- Often panics the day before taping The Big Bang Theory that he will forget his lines.
- Worked for Microsoft Sidewalk in Houston as an assistant for Megan Halverson.
- Jim's theatrical credits include Endgame, Guys and Dolls, What Happened Was and The Balcony.
- Played a bird in his first school play in elementary school.
- Jim's favorite character on 'The Big Bang Theory' is Penny.