Jan. 17th, 1962
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Jim Carrey's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
James Eugene Carrey is a Canadian-American actor, comedian, impressionist, screenwriter, producer and painter. He is known for his energetic slapstick performances.
- Along with 'Jeff Goldblum' (qv) and 'Damon Wayans' (qv), his voice was dubbed for certain scenes in _Earth Girls Are Easy (1988)_ (qv).
- Auditioned for the role of Farmer Ted in the film _Sixteen Candles (1984)_ (qv). Eventually, actor 'Anthony Michael Hall' (qv) won the part.
- Was originally offered the lead role in the movie _The Master of Disguise (2002)_ (qv).
- At one point he and his family all worked as janitors at a factory to make a living.
- Briefly attended Aldershot High School in Burlington, Ontario.
- At one time Carrey was slated to star as the lead in "Meet the Parents" (2000) and even contributed jokes to the screenplay, such as the main character being named 'Focker'.
- With the exception of his "Ace Ventura" character, Carrey has a reputation of not repeating the same character twice in a sequel (_Batman & Robin (1997)_ (qv)) or prequel (_Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd (2003)_ (qv)).
- He has been nominated for 5 Golden Globes, but although more recognised for his comedic performances, the only two Globes he's won were for dramatic performances. (_The Truman Show (1998)_ (qv) and _Man on the Moon (1999)_ (qv)).