Jan. 17th, 1962
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Jim Carrey's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
James Eugene Carrey is a Canadian-American actor, comedian, impressionist, screenwriter, producer and painter. He is known for his energetic slapstick performances.
- On September 13th, 2006, Carrey fired his agent of 15 years, Nick Stevens.
- At one point he and his family all worked as janitors at a factory to make a living.
- Is a vegetarian.
- Shares the same birthday with 'Andy Kaufman (I)' (qv), who he played in _Man on the Moon (1999)_ (qv).
- At one time Carrey was slated to star as the lead in "Meet the Parents" (2000) and even contributed jokes to the screenplay, such as the main character being named 'Focker'.
- Many of his characters are ordinary men whose lives are changed by supernatural or otherwise unseen forces. As in _The Mask (1994)_ (qv) (" (Ipkiss happens to find the mask), _The Majestic (2001)_ (qv) (Appleton is unlucky and suffers amnesia), _Liar Liar (1997)_ (qv) (His son's birthday wish comes true), _Bruce Almighty (2003)_ (qv) (Divine intervention), _The Truman Show (1998)_ (qv) (He finds his life is a TV show), and so on.
- October 2004 - Became a U.S. citizen.
- Was originally offered the lead role in the movie _The Master of Disguise (2002)_ (qv).