Jul. 15th, 1951
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Jesse Ventura's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
In November 1990, professional wrestler turned actor Jesse Ventura was elected to a four-year term as mayor of Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, a suburb of Minneapolis with a population of around 56,000. Jesse served one year term and did not run for a second term. He made appearances on After his mayoral term, he purchased a small hobby farm in nearby Maple Grove, Minnesota and moved from Brooklyn Park. In November 1998, Ventura, as a member of the Reform Party, was elected Governor of Minnesota.
- WWE Hall of Famer.
- Took the name "Ventura" from the California city of that name which, in turn, is named after San Buenaventura.
- He doesn't wear underwear.
- Daughter Jade (b. 1984).
- (2000) The about-to-merge towns of St. Augusta and Luxembourg, Minnesota, are considering naming themselves Ventura.
- In a 1999 interview for Playboy magazine, he declared organized religion "a sham and a crutch for weak-minded people who need strength in numbers." In response to the subsequent criticism over that statement, he later clarified that it only applies to "some" organized religions.
- Last WWF appearance as a color commentator was _WrestleMania VI (1990) (V)_ (qv).
- Worked with Navy SEALs during the Vietnam War but never actually trained as one.
Related sites for this celeb