Jul. 15th, 1951
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Jesse Ventura's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
In November 1990, professional wrestler turned actor Jesse Ventura was elected to a four-year term as mayor of Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, a suburb of Minneapolis with a population of around 56,000. Jesse served one year term and did not run for a second term. He made appearances on After his mayoral term, he purchased a small hobby farm in nearby Maple Grove, Minnesota and moved from Brooklyn Park. In November 1998, Ventura, as a member of the Reform Party, was elected Governor of Minnesota.
- Will be paid $2 million to host his new MSNBC show (2003). UPDATE: The network announced cancellation of the show (late December 2003).
- Took the name "Ventura" from the California city of that name which, in turn, is named after San Buenaventura.
- A 1969 graduate of Roosevelt High School, Minneapolis,
- Did color commentary for the Minnesota Vikings radio network
- Jesse's son, Tyrel, is an aspiring film director.
- Worked with Navy SEALs during the Vietnam War but never actually trained as one.
- While a professional wrestler in the 1980s he began lobbying his fellow wrestlers to form a labor union. Once news of this reached Ventura's then friend 'Hulk Hogan' (qv), Hogan informed World Wrestling Entertainement owner 'Vince McMahon' (qv), who immediately put a stop to the proceedings. Hogan never bothered to tell Ventura what he did. Ventura eventually learned for himself in the 1990s, at which point he ceased to consider Hogan a friend.
- During the 2000 Minnesota State Fair, at the Jesse Ventura booth, T-shirts were being sold by donation that read "Got Underwear"
Related sites for this celeb