Jul. 24th, 1969
The Bronx, New York, USA
Jennifer Lopez's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jennifer Lopez (born July 24, 1969), in the Castle Hill section of the Bronx. Her father, David, was a computer technician. Her mother, Guadalupe, taught kindergarten. Lopeez is the middle of three daughters. Her elder sister, Leslie, is a housewife who sings opera. Her younger sister, Lynda, is a DJ on New York's WKTU, a VH1 VJ, and a morning news show correspondent on New York's Channel 11.
Lopez's parents were born in Puerto Rico, but did not meet until both came to America. Her mother's parents were Europeans who settled in Puerto Rico. She says that it was her parents' work ethic that made a difference in her life. Lopez took singing and dancing lessons from age 5. She attended 12 years of Catholic school, including an all-girl high school. She played softball and tennis in high school and was a gymnast.
After high school, she briefly worked in a law office. During this time, she continued dance classes at night. At 18, she left home because her mother was scared by her decision to pursue show business. With casting on In Living Color (1990) in 1990, she moved to L.A., but initially hated it. Finally her boy friend, David Cruz, moved to be with her there and she learned to accept her new environment. Her career took off from her Living Color stint and reached new peaks with her portrayal of slain Latino singer Selena (1997).
- Mother is a schoolteacher in Westchester County, New York.
- Wore a Vera Wang gown to her June 2004 wedding to 'Marc Anthony (I)' (qv)
- Gave birth to fraternal twins, Emme Maribel Muñiz, at 12:12am, weighing 5lbs 7oz and Maximillian "Max" David Muñiz, at 12:13am, weighing 5lbs 13oz, on February 22, 2008 on Long Island, New York by C-section.
- After four unsuccessful previous nominations, she won the worst actress Razzie for _Gigli (2003)_ (qv).
- 10 April 2006 - Filed a request for injunction against her first husband, Ojani, to stop him from publishing materials that are disparaging. He supposedly signed an non-disclosure agreement in 2004 that prevents him from such a publication.
- Secretly married 'Marc Anthony (I)' (qv) on June 5th 2004; all the guests were invited to a "afternoon party", and they were never told that they were going to a wedding.
- Ranked #4 in the "Loveliest Latin Ladies" section of Stuff's 125 Sexiest Women of the Year 2003, along with 'Shakira (I)' (qv), 'Salma Hayek' (qv), 'Daisy Fuentes' (qv), 'Roselyn Sanchez' (qv), 'Penélope Cruz' (qv), 'Eva Mendes' (qv), 'Sofía Vergara' (qv), 'Lana Parrilla' (qv), 'Marieh Delfino' (qv), and 'Sissi (I)' (qv).
- Opened a new Cuban restaurant called Madre's in Pasadena, California.