Jul. 24th, 1969
The Bronx, New York, USA
Jennifer Lopez's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jennifer Lopez (born July 24, 1969), in the Castle Hill section of the Bronx. Her father, David, was a computer technician. Her mother, Guadalupe, taught kindergarten. Lopeez is the middle of three daughters. Her elder sister, Leslie, is a housewife who sings opera. Her younger sister, Lynda, is a DJ on New York's WKTU, a VH1 VJ, and a morning news show correspondent on New York's Channel 11.
Lopez's parents were born in Puerto Rico, but did not meet until both came to America. Her mother's parents were Europeans who settled in Puerto Rico. She says that it was her parents' work ethic that made a difference in her life. Lopez took singing and dancing lessons from age 5. She attended 12 years of Catholic school, including an all-girl high school. She played softball and tennis in high school and was a gymnast.
After high school, she briefly worked in a law office. During this time, she continued dance classes at night. At 18, she left home because her mother was scared by her decision to pursue show business. With casting on In Living Color (1990) in 1990, she moved to L.A., but initially hated it. Finally her boy friend, David Cruz, moved to be with her there and she learned to accept her new environment. Her career took off from her Living Color stint and reached new peaks with her portrayal of slain Latino singer Selena (1997).
- (October 2002) Engaged to 'Ben Affleck' (qv).
- Met her husband, 'Cris Judd' (qv), while filming the music video for her single "Love Don't Cost A Thing". The two were married in a small ceremony (about 170 guests) at a home in a Los Angeles suburb officiated by attorney Barry Hirsch. Judd is a dancer and choreographer.
- First actress to have a movie (_The Wedding Planner (2001)_ (qv)) and a music album hit number one in the same week.
- 10 April 2006 - Filed a request for injunction against her first husband, Ojani, to stop him from publishing materials that are disparaging. He supposedly signed an non-disclosure agreement in 2004 that prevents him from such a publication.
- Grew up blocks away from actor, 'Mills Pierre' (qv), where they both took classes at Kips Bay Boys & Girls Club.
- Ranked #47 in Premiere's 2003 annual Power 100 List. Had ranked #76 in 2002.
- Is the only woman to have been voted the sexiest woman in the world twice in FHM.
- Client of 'Simon Fields' (qv).