Dec. 12th, 1970
Catskill Mountains, New York, USA
Jennifer Connelly's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jennifer Connelly grew up in Brooklyn Heights, just across the Brooklyn Bridge from Manhattan, except for the four years her family spent in Woodstock, New York. Back in Brooklyn Heights, she attended St. Ann's school. Her father was in the garment industry, and a close friend of the family was an advertising executive. When Jennifer was 10, the friend suggested that her parents take her to a modeling audition. She began appearing in newspaper and magazine ads (among them, "Seventeen" magazine) and soon moved on to television commercials. A casting director saw the girl and introduced her to Sergio Leone (I), who was seeking a young girl to dance in his gangster epic Once Upon a Time in America (1984). After graduation, she enrolled at Yale, and then transferred two years later to Stanford. Her first film appearance after that was a British TV series "Tales of the Unexpected" (1979) in 1984. Her first movie appearance was in Dario Argento's Phenomena (1985). Has appeared in a rock video "I Drove All Night," a Roy Orbison song, co-starring Jason Priestley. Is appearing in an upcoming Miller Beer commercial. Released a single called "Monologue of Love" in Japan in the mid-1980s, in which she sings in Japanese a charming little song with semi-classical instruments arrangement. B-side is "Message Of Love," which is an interview with music in background. Trained in classical theater and improvisation, studying with the late drama coach Roy London, Howard Fine (I), and Harold Guskin. She did television commercials in Japan. Was "engaged" in an unconventional sense, i.e., no real plans to marry, to Bill Campbell (I), her co-star in The Rocketeer (1991). They were together on and off for about five years. Lives in New York. She's 5'7", speaks fluent Italian and French. Was a member of Gold's Gym in Venice for a year or two, but is no longer active. Enjoys physical activities such as swimming, gymnastics, bike riding. Is an outdoors person -- camping, hiking and walking. Is interested in Quantum Physics and philosophy. Is fairly level-headed and grounded as a person and is not overly seduced by the Hollywood fantasy. Likes horses, Pearl Jam, SoundGarden, Jesus Jones. Occasionally wears a small picture of the Dalai Lama on a necklace. Favorite colors: cobalt blue, forest green, and "very pale green/gray -- sort of like the color of the sea". Likes to draw.
- Daughter-in-law of actor 'Thane Bettany' (qv).
- Has an interest in mathematics and software.
- Ranked #14 in Celebrity Sleuth's "25 Sexiest Women of 1993".
- Measurements: 34C/D-22-34 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine).
- Ranked as #88 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005).
- Auditioned for the title role of _Firestarter (1984)_ (qv).
- Has said she used to use the online username "ecksor", which is a phonetic spelling of XOR (Exclusive OR) - a tribute to her cousin Jerry who is a computer security expert.
- First child with husband 'Paul Bettany' (qv), a son named Stellan, born 5 August, 2003. Stellan's Godfather is the actor 'Charlie Condou' (qv), Paul's best friend.