Mar. 7th, 1974
Ft. Wayne, Indiana, USA
Jenna Fischer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jenna Fischer (born Regina Marie Fischer; March 7, 1974) is an Emmy-nominated actress. She's best known for playing the character of receptionist Pam Beesley in The Office (2005).
Born in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Raised in St. Louis, Missouri, after graduating from high school, she studied theater arts at Truman State University. She made her debut as a professional actress in the 1998 film Born Champion (1998).
Fischer wrote and directed the mock-documentary LolliLove (2004), which starred her and her ex-husband, filmmaker 'James Gunn'. The movie had its premier in November 2004 at the St. Louis International Film Festival in November 2004. In 2007, she was nominated as Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for her role of Pam in The Office (2005), losing out to 'Jaime Pressly' in My Name Is Earl (2005). The very talented Fischer should be in line for many more nominations and awards in the future.
- On _"The Office" (2005)_ (qv), the characters are all put off by Angela's ('Angela Kinsey' (qv)) creepy preoccupation with cute pictures of cats. In real life, Fischer has admitted she is an enthusiast of the same thing.
- Got engaged to Lee Kirk on June 30, 2009.
- Fractured her back in four places after falling down a set of stairs at the NYC bar, Buddakan, on May 15, 2007.
- Auditioned for the role of Sydney Bristow in _"Alias" (2001)_ (qv), but was never called back. She later said, "They said they liked my acting, but I wasn't hot enough.
- Considered becoming a veterinarian due to her love for animals; ultimately opted for working with Kitten Rescue and being the proud owner of a dog and a cat (Andy, featured prominently with Jenna in 2006 issue of People Magazine's 100 Most Beautiful).
- Originally enrolled at Truman State University as a Pre-Law student; later changed to Theatre.
- Mother 'Anne Fischer' (qv) and younger sister Emily are both elementary school teachers.
- Connected to many "Jims" in her life - her father Jim Fischer, her ex-husband 'James Gunn (II)' (qv), 'Jim Zulevic' (qv) (who cast her in _The Specials (2000)_ (qv) and subsequently introduced her to James), and finally (and more famously known), her TV counterpart Jim Halpert (played by 'John Krasinski' (qv)).