Sep. 13th, 1951
Jean Smart's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jean Elizabeth Smart is an American actress, known for Designing Women, High Society, Frazier, The District, 24, Samantha Who?, Harry's Law, Fargo, Legion and Dirty John.
- Appeared in original cast of the Broadway show, "Piaf," 1979. Also appeared at Atlanta's Alliance Theatre, same year.
- Left _"Designing Women" (1986)_ (qv) in 1991 to pursue other projects and to focus on her family.
- Was nominated for Broadway's 2001 Tony Award as Best Actress (Play) for the 'George S. Kaufman' (qv) - 'Moss Hart' (qv) comedy, "The Man Who Came to Dinner."
- Met her husband when he guest-starred on _"Designing Women" (1986)_ (qv). 'Delta Burke' (qv) arranged for the two to meet.
- Graduated from Ballard High School in Seattle, Washington, in 1969.
- Nominated for the 2001 Tony Award (New York City) for Actress in a Drama for "The Man Who Came to Dinner".
- At age 13, Jean was diagnosed with diabetes. Originally planned to be a veterinarian, but got interested in theater during her senior year in high school. Studied theater at the University of Washington.
- Is a member of Alpha Delta Pi sorority.