83 (passed away May. 20th, 2005)
Apr. 24th, 1922
J.D. Cannon's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
John Donovan Cannon, known as J. D. Cannon, was an American actor, known for McCloud, Remington Steele, Call to Glory and Alias Smith and Jones.
- Best known as 'Dennis Weaver (I)' (qv) s NYPD chief on the _"McCloud" (1970)_ (qv) series in the 1970s.
- Graduated from the American Academy of Dramatic Arts
- Retired in 1991 following an appearance on _"Law & Order" (1990)_ (qv).
- Served in the U.S. Army during WWII.
- Died only one day before 'Stephen Elliott (I)' (qv) who he appeared with in the _"Law & Order" (1990)_ (qv) episode "The Secret Sharers".
- Wore a toupee in most of his later roles. The exception was an episode of Remington Steele (TV series 1982-86) from "McCloud" producer Michael Gleason. Here Cannon played a TV news anchor who only wore his toupee while broadcasting. The rest of the time, he gloried in his dome. The toupee showed up when it shouldn't have, solving the case.
- Idaho-born character actor known for his gruff, bossy roles especially on 70s TV.
Related sites for this celeb