Feb. 17th, 1980
Los Angeles, California, USA
Jason Ritter's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Co-creator of Morning Knight, Inc. with actress/writer/director Marianna Palka. His theater credits include Wendy Wasserstein's "Third" directed by Daniel Sullivan (Lincoln Center, NYC), Neil LaBute's "The Distance From Here" directed by David Leveaux (Almeida at King's Cross, London) and Tom Donaghy's "The Beginning of August" directed by Neil Pepe (The Atlantic Theater Company, NYC).
- He and his _"Joan of Arcadia" (2003)_ (qv) co-star 'Chris Marquette' (qv) also starred together in _Freddy vs. Jason (2003)_ (qv) and _The Education of Charlie Banks (2007)_ (qv).
- Grandson of 'Tex Ritter' (qv) and 'Dorothy Fay' (qv).
- Jason graduated from New York University's Tisch School of the Arts where he studied at the Atlantic Theatre Company.
- First appeared on national television when he was one years old. In the _"Three's Company" (1977)_ (qv) opening credits from Seasons 6-8, he is seen standing next to "Janet Wood" as she is petting a goat. This was revealed by 'Joyce DeWitt' (qv) on a special feature on a _"Three's Company" (1977)_ (qv) DVD set.
- BFA in Drama - New York University, Tisch School of the Arts (2002).
- In _"Three's Company" (1977)_ (qv) and _"Three's a Crowd" (1984)_ (qv), his father, 'John Ritter' (qv), played a straight man pretending to be gay. In _Happy Endings (2005)_ (qv), he played a gay man pretending to be straight.
- In _Mumford (1999)_ (qv), he played the son of 'Ted Danson' (qv). In _"Joan of Arcadia" (2003)_ (qv), he played the son of Danson's wife, 'Mary Steenburgen' (qv).
- Received the script of the _"Joan of Arcadia" (2003)_ (qv) episode "Death Be Not Whatever" on September 11, 2003, the day his father 'John Ritter' (qv) died. It originally aired on November 7, 2003, only two days after the death of his paternal grandmother, 'Dorothy Fay' (qv).