Apr. 6th, 1972
Los Angeles, California, USA
Jason Hervey's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jason Hervey was born April 6th, 1972 in Los Angeles, California. He is the son of Alan & Marsha Hervey, brother of Scott. At the age 4, Jason began his career appearing in over 250 commercials for some of Americas favorite brands. Before long, his visibility from the various commercials lead him to several appearances in some of televisions most notable shows. He also appeared in cameo roles in such feature films as Back to The Future, Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Back To School, Monster Squad, Police Academy 2, Meatballs 2, Tim Burtons Franken-weenie and more. After appearing for two seasons in Different Strokes, Jason landed the role of Wayne Arnold in the Emmy Award-winning hit series "The Wonder Years". From this platform and experience Jason was able to leverage opportunities behind the camera as he began a career in producing. His first project was at the age of 17 whereby Jason created, starred in and produced 26 episodes of the Saturday morning series "Wide World of Kids". After 6 seasons and 29 Emmy Nominations for "The Wonder Years", Jason partnered with former Sony of America CEO Peter Guber in Mandalay Sports Action Entertainment,(MSAE). While at Mandalay Jason spearheaded a partnership with Time Warner's "World Championship Wrestling" (WCW) which yielded 17 original productions in television, home video and Pay Per View, an original soundtrack with Tommy Boy records and 4 television movies for TBS and TNT including one of the highest rated TV movies in the history of basic cable in which Jason was the original creator. After more than 5 years at Mandalay and growing that division, Jason had a short lived stint as a Chief Marketing Officer at a Fortune 500 company. Jason then returned to his roots in the entertainment business by partnering with long time friend, colleague and former President of Time Warners "World Championship Wrestling" (WCW) Eric Bischoff to form Bischoff Hervey Entertainment (BHE TV, LLC) Bischoff Hervey Entertainment specializes in content creation and production for various broadcast outlets, licensing and merchandising and innovative brand integration solutions. Jason and his family currently reside in Scottsdale, Arizona and Los Angeles, California.
- Twins, Shaina and Samuel, born 2000
- (October 1999) Filed lawsuit against Las Vegas wedding chapel for selling his wedding pictures to a tabloid.
- Jason and 'Fred Savage' (qv) were reunited after having not seen each other in over 10 years when they did a guest appearance playing, of all things, two brothers who were also superheroes on _"Justice League" (2001)_ (qv) in an episode titled "Hawk & Dove". Ironically, Fred voiced the older, more aggressive brother, Hank Hall/Hawk, while Jason voiced the younger, more docile brother, Don Hall/Dove, a complete reversal of their roles on _"The Wonder Years" (1988)_ (qv), even though it was originally intended for Jason to voice the older brother and Fred the younger brother.
- He plays ice hockey, for example in an NHL Celebrity All-Star Game on 3 Dec 1995 in San JosÚ and 20 January 1996 in Boston.
- Based his characterization of bullying older brother Wayne on "Wonder Years" on his own older brother, who liked to taunt him whenever he could. In one episode where Wayne keeps stopping and forwarding a car so Kevin can't get in, this is one of many things that Jason's own brother did to him.
- Was number 72 on vh1's _"100 Greatest Kid Stars" (2005)_ (qv)
- Stepson Tyler J, Born July 11, 1989 (Son of Shannon).
- Cousin of 'Laura Wasser' (qv).
Related sites for this celeb