Jan. 14th, 1969
Rye, New York, USA
Jason Bateman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jason Bateman is an American film and television actor best known for his role as Michael Bluth on the television sitcom Arrested Development (2003), as well as his role on Silver Spoons (1982) as a child actor.
He was born Jason Kent Bateman on January 14, 1969, in Rye, New York, USA. His father, 'Kent Bateman', is a film and television director and founder of a Hollywood repertory stage company. His mother, Victoria Bateman, was a flight attendant. In 1981, at the age of 12, young Bateman made his debut on television as James Cooper Ingalls in Little House on the Prairie (1974): Uncle Jed, appearing in 18 more episodes in one season. In the mid-1980s, he became the DGA's youngest-ever director when he directed three episodes of Valerie (1986) at age 18. During the 2000s, Bateman's film career has been on soaring trajectory. In 2005, he won the Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series, Musical or Comedy, for Arrested Development (2003), and received other awards and nominations.
Bateman has been enjoying a happy family life with his wife, actress Amanda Anka (daughter of singer Paul Anka). They wed in Malibu, California, in 2003. Their first child, Francesca Nora Bateman, was born in Los Angeles on October 28, 2006. The Batemans reside in Los Angeles, California.
- Brother of actress 'Justine Bateman' (qv).
- Had a surgery to remove a benign polyp from his throat (11 January 2005).
- Son-in-law of composer/actor 'Paul Anka' (qv).
- Formed a Hollywood repertory stage company with his sister, 'Justine Bateman' (qv) and their father, 'Kent Bateman' (qv). The trio produced the TV movie _Can You Feel Me Dancing? (1986) (TV)_ (qv), which starred both Jason and Justine.
- His wife 'Amanda Anka' (qv) gave birth to their daughter Francesca Nora on 28 October 2006 in Los Angeles.
- Ranked #60 on _"100 Greatest Kid Stars" (2005)_ (qv).
- Uncle of 'Justine Bateman' (qv)'s children, Duke and Olivia.
- Son of 'Kent Bateman' (qv) and his wife Victoria, a British flight attendant.