Jul. 19th, 1982
San Antonio, Texas, USA
Jared Padalecki's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jared Tristan Padalecki is an American actor, best known for playing the role of Sam Winchester in the TV series Supernatural. Currently he is Cordell Walker on the 2021 CW series Walker.
He grew up in Texas and originally planned on continuing his studies at the University of Texas after completing his high school. In 1998, along with Chris Cardenas, he won the National Forensic League in Duo Interpretation.The next year, he participated in, and won the Claim to Fame Contest and was invited to present the Teen Choice Awards later that same year. Padalecki graduated high school and was merited with a Presidential Scholars Program, however, he chose to pursue an acting career and moved to Los Angeles, California.
He got his first breakthrough in the entertainment industry when he was cast to play a minor role in the 1999 film A Little Inside. Within the next 10 years, he landed lead roles in blockbuster films, such as House of Wax, Friday the 13th, and Cry Wolf.
In 2000, he was cast as Dean Forester on the television series Gilmore Girls, a role he played until 2005.
Throughout his career he has appeared in several made-for-television films, including Silent Witness, Close to Home, and the Disney Channel A Ring of Endless Light. He played Trey Lipton in New York Minute, Thomas Kinkade in The Christmas Cottage, and Clay Miller in Friday the 13th.
Padalecki married his former Supernatural co-star Genevieve Cortese in February 2010. Their son Thomas Colton Padalecki was born in 2012, son Austin Shepherd "Shep" Padalecki in 2013, and daughter Odette Elliott Padalecki in 2017. The family resides in Austin, Texas.
- One of his rivals on _"Gilmore Girls" (2000)_ (qv) was Tristan. Tristan is Jared's middle name. Ultimately, 'Chad Michael Murray' (qv), who played Tristan became one of his good friends.
- He and his _"Supernatural" (2005)_ (qv) co-star 'Jensen Ackles' (qv) were voted People Magazine's "Sexiest Ghostbusters" in 2005.
- Good friends with actor 'Derek Lee Nixon' (qv) and Director 'Andrew Pozza' (qv) from San Antonio, Texas.
- Was considered for the role of Superman/Clark Kent in the proposed relaunch of the Superman film franchise.
- Won Fox TV's "Claim To Fame" Contest and got to present at the 1999 Teen Choice Awards.
- His favorite movie is _Good Will Hunting (1997)_ (qv).
- Close friends with actor 'Chad Michael Murray' (qv); they met on the set of _"Gilmore Girls" (2000)_ (qv). They also starred in the remake of 1953's _House of Wax (2005)_ (qv).
- He is four years younger than his TV older brother, 'Jensen Ackles' (qv).