Nov. 28th, 1962
Berkeley, California, USA
Jane Sibbett's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The youngest of five happy children, Jane Sibbett was born in Berkeley, California to William Ryan Sibbett IV and social butterfly "Sis" Gaines Sibbett. After a few years in Orinda, California, the Sibbett family moved to the idyllic island of Alameda where destiny bellowed at her daily in the form of a gruff neighbor. It was here that her best friends' father would announce daily upon her always shy, red-cheeked arrival, "Here is Jane Sibbett -- Star of Stage, Screen, Radio, and Television!" In the late 70s Jane did become a teenage DJ and station manager at K-RAT in Sacramento, California, as well as make her theatrical debut at the Eagle Theater. Though always dreaming of being a writer, Jane so loved being able to lose her still shy self in acting, she applied to enter the theater program at UCLA, gaining a spot on the prestigious Acting Continuum under magnificent Jennifer Penny Rountree. Upon graduating from UCLA, Jane continued working with the women of the Continuum, going on to act, write and co-produce several long running, much lauded plays in Los Angeles. Jane's acting career continued to keep her busy enough that even her honeymoon with writer/producer/director Karl Fink (I) had to be squeezed into a hiatus week before the wedding. She and her husband remain busy and blissful in ongoing collaboration with one another and their three children on an animal packed farm in Southern California. Jane's best friends remain so after nearly 40 years and their father, who heralded Jane's destiny, is most gratefully still looking for his due in her continuing success.
- Mother, with 'Karl Fink (I)' (qv), of two girls named Ruby Fink (b. June 9th 1992) and Violet Fink and a boy named Kai Fink.
- Was offered the part of "Debra" on _"Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996)_ (qv). CBS and Dreamworks wanted her for the part, sent her the contract, she signed the deal, but after meeting 'Ray Romano (I)' (qv) and finding he didn't know they'd offered her the part, she graciously suggested they talk. 'Patricia Heaton' (qv) was more who Ray had in mind and Jane is still hopeful that good karma will come back around to give her such a wonderful run on such a fabulous show as "Raymond".
- Member of Pi Beta Phi sorority while at UCLA
- She is a lifelong cowgirl and currently owns six horses that aspire to great things and beg her to create a western. Her three pigs equally add the extra glamour and comedy to an already fun family farm far from the bustle of Hollywood.
- Jane's film debut was in a film strip for Health while in the second grade in Alameda, CA. She was chosen because she wore blue. Blue is still her favorite "lucky" color.
Related sites for this celeb