Dec. 21st, 1955
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Jane Kaczmarek's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jane grew up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Her mother, Evelyn, was a school teacher. Her father, Edward, is a former Defense Department employee. She is the oldest of four children. Her brothers, Jim & Bill, are a teacher and an entrepreneur respectively. Her sister, Mary, works for an Internet company. Jane was a theater major at the University of Wisconsin. While there, she became buddies with Tony Shalhoub who encouraged her to shoot for stardom. She followed Tony in enrolling at Yale University & performed in the Yale Repertory Company. She had several film and theatrical successes, including good notices for her replacement of Mercedes Ruehl in Neil Simon's Broadway play, Lost In Yonkers. Jane's roommate at Yale was Kate Burton, Richard Burton's daughter. Kate arranged a blind date between Jane and Bradley Whitford. In 1992, after two years of dating, the two married. In 1998, they had first child, Frances, and in December 1999, a son, George Edward was born.
- Founded the charity "Clothes off our Back" (http://www.clothesoffourback.org) with her husband, 'Bradley Whitford' (qv), in 2002. "Clothes off our Back" runs on-line auctions after major awards shows where celebrities' gowns, tuxedos, and other articles of clothing, are auctioned off. The proceeds go to children's charities such as Cure Autism Now (http://www.cureautismnow.org) and The Children's Defense Fund (http://www.childrensdefense.org/).
- Studied at Yale University School of Drama, where she was a classmate of 'Kate Burton (I)' (qv).
- With her _"Malcolm in the Middle" (2000)_ (qv) co-star, 'Erik Per Sullivan' (qv), lent her name to the book "Together" and added an afterword. The book aims to educate young people about the importance of livestock to the world; with emphasis on addressing world hunger.
- Studied to be a teacher at the University of Wisconsin.
- Actor 'Daniel von Bargen' (qv) has coincidentally appeared with husband and wife actors Jane Kaczmarek and 'Bradley Whitford' (qv) in four different projects. Along with Kaczmarek, he appeared in _"Malcolm in the Middle" (2000)_ (qv). With Whitford, he was in _RoboCop 3 (1993)_ (qv), _Philadelphia (1993)_ (qv) and _"The West Wing" (1999)_ (qv).
- Friend of 'Joan Van Ark' (qv), 'Kate Burton (I)' (qv), 'Tony Shalhoub' (qv), 'Alexandra Wentworth' (qv) and 'Timothy Busfield' (qv).
- Her family is Polish.
- Daughter-in-law of 'Genevieve Smith Whitford' (qv).