Dec. 21st, 1955
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Jane Kaczmarek's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jane grew up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Her mother, Evelyn, was a school teacher. Her father, Edward, is a former Defense Department employee. She is the oldest of four children. Her brothers, Jim & Bill, are a teacher and an entrepreneur respectively. Her sister, Mary, works for an Internet company. Jane was a theater major at the University of Wisconsin. While there, she became buddies with Tony Shalhoub who encouraged her to shoot for stardom. She followed Tony in enrolling at Yale University & performed in the Yale Repertory Company. She had several film and theatrical successes, including good notices for her replacement of Mercedes Ruehl in Neil Simon's Broadway play, Lost In Yonkers. Jane's roommate at Yale was Kate Burton, Richard Burton's daughter. Kate arranged a blind date between Jane and Bradley Whitford. In 1992, after two years of dating, the two married. In 1998, they had first child, Frances, and in December 1999, a son, George Edward was born.
- Actor 'Daniel von Bargen' (qv) has coincidentally appeared with husband and wife actors Jane Kaczmarek and 'Bradley Whitford' (qv) in four different projects. Along with Kaczmarek, he appeared in _"Malcolm in the Middle" (2000)_ (qv). With Whitford, he was in _RoboCop 3 (1993)_ (qv), _Philadelphia (1993)_ (qv) and _"The West Wing" (1999)_ (qv).
- Friend of 'Joan Van Ark' (qv), 'Kate Burton (I)' (qv), 'Tony Shalhoub' (qv), 'Alexandra Wentworth' (qv) and 'Timothy Busfield' (qv).
- It was revealed during a segment featuring her husband, 'Bradley Whitford' (qv), on the _"The Megan Mullally Show" (2006)_ (qv) that if she had only one food to eat for the rest of her life, it would be Polish sausage. (October 16, 2006).
- Her family is Polish.
- Daughter-in-law of 'Genevieve Smith Whitford' (qv).
- Received seven consecutive Emmy nominations for Best Actress in a Comedy Series (_"Malcolm in the Middle" (2000)_ (qv)) but never won.
- Studied to be a teacher at the University of Wisconsin.
- She and her husband 'Bradley Whitford' (qv) have three children: 'Frances Whitford' (qv) was born in January 1997; 'George Whitford' (qv) was born on December 23, 1999 and 'Mary Louisa Whitford' (qv) was born on November 25, 2002.