Feb. 29th, 1920
Sacramento, California, USA
James Mitchell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- His best-known role on film was in 'Agnes de Mille' (qv)'s spectacular dream sequence as 'Dream Curly' in the 1955 musical classic _Oklahoma! (1955)_ (qv) He worked in tandem with the famed choreographer quite frequently.
- First appeared on stage as part of his foster parents' vaudeville act.
- Has brown eyes.
- Has taught movement for actors to theater arts students at Yale University.
- Received a degree in drama from Los Angeles City College.
- The Harlem Renaissance artist Richmond Barthe (1901-1989) sculpted and exhibited a bust of Mitchell in 1947.
- After he put up his dancing shoes, he turned to TV and found a nice niche for himself in soaps -- notably as the scheming old tycoon Palmer Cortlandt on _"All My Children" (1970)_ (qv) playing the role since 1979.
- In his early career, he performed with the American Ballet Theatre.