Jan. 16th, 1963
Bristol, England, UK
Guest TV Roles[none found]
James Daniel May was born on 16 January 1963 in Bristol, England, UK. He is a journalist and television presenter who is best known as co-host of popular motoring program Top Gear. He also writes a weekly column for "The Daily Telegraph" newspaper, as well as regular contributions to "Top Gear" magazine. James attended Oakwood Technology College (1975-1980) and studied music at Lancaster University (1981-1983). He began his journalism career as a sub-editor for "Autocar" and "The Engineer" magazines before his vast motoring knowledge landed him his current job as a television presenter. On Top Gear James is known as "Captain Slow" as he regularly finishes last in their high speed track races, as well as for his laconic presenting style. James currently lives in Hammersmith, London, with his cat, Fusker. He is unmarried and has no children.
- He studied music at Lancaster University.
- He owns several cars including a Bentley T2, Fiat Panda, Jaguar XJS, Mini Cooper, Porsche Boxter S, Porsche 911 and a Range Rover.
- He is currently training for his light aircraft pilot's license.
- He plays flute, piano and saxophone proficiently.
- He grew up near Sheffield in England.
Related sites for this celeb