51 (passed away Jun. 19th, 2013)
Sep. 18th, 1961
Westwood, New Jersey, USA
6' 0 1/2
James Gandolfini's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
New Jersey-born James Gandolfini began acting in the New York theater. His Broadway debut was in the 1992 revival of "A Streetcar Named Desire" with Jessica Lange and Alec Baldwin. James' breakthrough role was his portrayal of Virgil the hitman in Tony Scott (I)'s True Romance (1993), but the role that brought him worldwide fame and accolades was as complex Mafia boss Tony Soprano in HBO's smash hit series "The Sopranos" (1999). He currently lives in Greenwich Village in New York City.
- He plays the trumpet and saxophone.
- For his role as Eddie Poole in _8MM (1999)_ (qv), Gandolfini met a variety of real porn directors and producers to get a feel for their line of work and to get a taste of their personalities, and is said to have loosely based his character on several of them.
- Played 'Aida Turturro' (qv)'s father in _Romance & Cigarettes (2005)_ (qv) and her brother in _"The Sopranos" (1999)_ (qv).
- Graduated from Park Ridge High School, Park Ridge, New Jersey (1979).
- Was in attendance at 'Chris Penn (I)' (qv)'s funeral
- Became engaged to 'Lora Somoza' (qv) in January 2004. Broke up, amicably, in February 2005.
- Was voted "best-looking" in high school
- (January 2004) Became engaged to 'Lora Somoza' (qv).