Nov. 27th, 1976
Pasadena, California, USA
5' 10 1/2
Jaleel White's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jaleel Ahmad White, born November 27, 1976, is an American actor and screenwriter known for his role as Steve Urkel in Family Matters and voicing the character of Sonic the Hedgehog as well as other characters for the Sonic the Hedgehog series. In March 2012, White began appearing as a contestant in season 14 of Dancing with the Stars. He was partnered with two-time dance champion Kym Johnson. White also hosts the game show Total Blackout, which premiered on the Syfy channel on April 25, 2012.
- Enjoys making homemade ice cream and even considered doing it professionally when he was a teenager.
- Likes writing short stories and drawing cartoons.
- Is anti-alcohol and drugs.
- Before auditioning for Steve Urkel, he was looking for the "classic" nerd glasses (black, think, with tape around the center) but had no luck. His father, a dentist, tossed him the glasses he used to keep particles out of his eyes. Jaleel just figured he would find different glasses later. The crew loved the look so he kept them.
- Ranked #37 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars"
- Graduated from UCLA Film School in 2001.
- Played the voice of Sonic the Hedgehog on three animated series, including _"The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog" (1993)_ (qv), the ABC Saturday morning cartoon _"Sonic the Hedgehog" (1993)_ (qv) and _"Sonic Underground" (1999)_ (qv).
- Regularly played basketball against 'George Clooney' (qv) while each was on their respective TV series, _"Family Matters" (1989)_ (qv) and _"ER" (1994)_ (qv), which were on nearby sets.