Aug. 28th, 1969
Hermosa Beach, California, USA
Jack Black's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Jack Black was born in Santa Monica, California, and attended the University of California at Los Angeles. While at UCLA, he was a member of Tim Robbins (I)'s acting troupe and it was through this collaboration that led to his 1992 film debut in Bob Roberts (1992). Although he was just a background voice in his first film, Jack's appearances in such television shows as "The X Files" (1993), his breakthrough performance in High Fidelity (2000), and his rock-comedy band Tenacious D have created an ever-growing cult following.
- Huge fan of Professional Wrestling.
- Despite poking fun at the genre, he is actually a very knowledgeable fan of a lot hard rock/metal music from the 1970s and 1980s. He even appears as part of 'Tenacious D' (qv) in the 'Ronnie James Dio' (qv) video for the song "Push.".
- Born on the same day as 'Jason Priestley' (qv).
- Revealed on an Australian late night variety show that his favorite 'KISS (I)' (qv) rock song is 1982's "I Love it Loud," where he began singing parodied lyrics to the first verse.
- Is a member of, what the media refers to as the Frat Pack along with 'Will Ferrell' (qv), 'Ben Stiller' (qv), 'Vince Vaughn' (qv), 'Owen Wilson (I)' (qv), 'Steve Carell' (qv) and 'Luke Wilson (I)' (qv). The Frat Pack name is a reference to the film _Old School (2003)_ (qv), which features Vaughn, Ferrell, and Wilson, due to the wide number of films featuring the seven actors. Black's "Frat Pack" films include _The Cable Guy (1996)_ (qv), _Envy (2004)_ (qv), and _Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)_ (qv).
- Is good friends with 'Tim Robbins (I)' (qv).
- Wife, 'Tanya Haden' (qv), is a cellist. She is the daughter of jazz great 'Charlie Haden' (qv).
- Shares a birthday with 'Shania Twain' (qv), 'LeAnn Rimes' (qv) and 'Daniel Stern (I)' (qv).