Aug. 2nd, 1972
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Jacinda Barrett's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Giacinta Juanita Cordelia Arabella Luciana Rosalina Barrett, known professionally as Jacinda Barrett is an Australian-American former model and actress who is known for her work in the critically acclaimed film The Human Stain. She has also appeared in several other popular films such as Ladder 49, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, Poseidon, and The Last Kiss. Her performance in the movie, The Namesake, which is a film adaptation of the original novel by Jhumpa Lahiri, was much appreciated. She has also appeared in the film Middle Men, which was based on the development of the internet porn industry.
Interested in joining the show business from an early age, Jacinda began modeling as a teenager. After receiving training at the British American Drama Academy, she ventured into acting as well. She initially played minor roles in films and TV productions and eventually established herself as a popular supporting actress in the industry.
Barrett appeared in varioys TV series Wind on the Water, D.C., Bull, Citizen Bains, Suits, The Following, before joining the main cast of the Netflix series Bloodline in 2015.
Jacinda Barrett married American actor and producer Gabriel Macht in 2004, with whom she has 2 children.
- (1997) Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.
- She and her husband, 'Gabriel Macht' (qv), became the parents of a girl, Satine Anais Geraldine Macht, on August 27, 2007 in Los Angeles.
- Dropped her Australian accent for her role in _Urban Legends: Final Cut (2000)_ (qv).
- In _Urban Legends: Final Cut (2000)_ (qv) , her character briefly mentioned the MTV show _"The Real World" (1992)_ (qv). She is a former cast member of the reality show.
- Was offered the part of Sarah Moyer in _Halloween: Resurrection (2002)_ (qv), but passed on the job.
- Jacinda's father is an airport firefighter, the first on the scene after a plane crash. This inspired her to get a pilot's license
- This very tall actress was made to wear only short ballet slippers when acting with 5' 8 1/2" 'Joaquin Phoenix' (qv) in _Ladder 49 (2004)_ (qv) so she would not tower over her co-star.