Jun. 16th, 1957
Hamilton, Scotland, UK
Ian Buchanan's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- An ensemble member of The Citizen's Band, an avant-garde cabaret collective of international performance artists, reminiscent of the Weimar Era, whose acclaimed theatrical presentations deal with current and controversial political, religious and social themes.
- Former Ford model.
- Born and grew up in Hamilton, Scotland, as the second of six children (two sisters, three brothers). His father worked as a foreman and his mother was a nurse. Both struggled with alcoholism and died by the time Ian was 14.
- In 1993, 1994, 1995 and 1996 he was nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actor for the Emmy Award. In 1997, he won for _"The Bold and the Beautiful" (1987)_ (qv).
- During a vacation in Spain, Ian caught the attention of a photographer who was impressed by his looks. Their shooting session was so successful that Ian was soon working as a model. He eventually moved to London and became a top international fashion model, going on assignments all over the world. Rather than pursue an acting career in London, however, Ian relocated to New York City and continued modeling with the prestigious Ford Agency.
- He is a vegetarian.
- A hotel bellhop at age 14, he was a bartender at age 18 and at age 20 was managing a restaurant.
- At one point he was 'Giorgio Armani' (qv)'s personal fitting model for his designs.
Related sites for this celeb