Jun. 11th, 1959
Oxford, Oxfordshire, England, UK
Guest TV Roles[none found]
James Hugh Calum Laurie CBE is an English actor, director, singer, musician, comedian and author known for Spooks, Fortysomething, House, The Night Manager, Chance, Veep and Avenue 5.
- Longtime best friend 'Stephen Fry (I)' (qv) served as best man at Laurie's marriage to Jo Green (1989).
- 1977: Won the National Junior Championship for rowing (coxed pair). In the same year, he and his rowing partner represented England in the World Junior Championship for rowing where they finished fourth place.
- Attended the Dragon School, a renowned British "public" college preparatory school located in Oxford, England. Also attended by actress 'Emma Watson (II)' (qv) and tennis player Tim Henman.
- He took up diving a few years ago.
- Achieved a Third-Class Honours degree in anthropology & archaeology at Selwyn College, Cambridge University.
- Is a published author (The Gun Seller - 1997). He has another book due in 2009.
- Great-great-nephew of 'George Alexander (III)' (qv).
- During their time at Cambridge Footlights, he and 'Emma Thompson (I)' (qv) dated for some time.